Monday, March 12, 2012

Do Your GENES fit?

We all have several pairs of genes. Sometimes they fit and at other times feel very confining.  We tend to get very frustrated when we want them to fit our body and they just don't cooperate.  Our mind sees and feels one thing but our body reacts completely different. In our head, we know our genes fit perfectly but when we try them out, crap, something just isn't right. Why is that?

They come in so many styles, shapes, sizes and even colors.  So many options.  We test them out.  We push them to their limits, we are sometimes swallowed up by them or even completely blow them out.  Yet we just can't seem to get rid of them.  We allow them to pile up knowing that there will be an opportunity to try them out again as each pair of genes is unique and serves a purpose.

Well, we have more control over our genes than we realize.  At one time or another, they fit.

Genes are no different than blue jeans - skinny, boy cut,  low-rider, boot-cut, flare, old/worn, and our favorite - stretchy!  So many varieties yet they are still jeans.  You, too, were born with several pairs of genes and although you had no say in what genes you received, you do have control over how you wear them.

I'm fat, I'm too skinny, I wish my hair was curly, I wish my butt was smaller, I wish I was funnier, I don't want a widow's peak, I wish I was smarter,  I want dimples, or I wish my eyes were blue.  This list could go on forever as we all have 'flaws' in our genes and often have a desire for a several different pairs.   Now, you can't go out and buy a new pair of genes like you can a new pair of jeans, but you still have a say in how you present those genes.

Just because everyone else is wearing skinny jeans doesn't mean those are the right jeans for you.  Your genes are unique. They are what makes you - you.  Your genes may have not given you a great butt to put in those jeans, but your genes fit you and only you (unless of course you are a multiple but even then you're not a clone!)  So quit comparing your jeans to everyone else's genes.  You have designer genes, so unique that it's too expensive to copy them.

You got what you got, so deal with it.  Jeans can be modified like we did in the 80's with safety pins and rubber bands (don't play dumb, you remember!). And genes can be modified to a certain extent, you can change your hair color, wear colored contacts, get a boob job, lip injections, liposuction, rearrange your nose, etc but in the end your genes are still your genes.

I have been modified since I was a tiny little tyke!  I wore corrective shoes, eye glasses, a full body Milwaukee back brace,  and braces on my teeth.  In fact, I like to think of myself as the million dollar woman!  Laugh if you must , but I know all that bracing cost my parents a bundle!

But I also know my genes fit me like a glove and my body is only a pair of jeans housing the real genes.   Our genes make us who we are and it doesn't matter what the jeans look like on the outside because its the genes on the inside that matter.

So embrace your genes because in your heart you know they will always fit YOU!

Rachel












No comments:

Post a Comment