Thursday, April 5, 2012

Do you wanna be a BITCH?

Are you a Bitch? Well, are you? I am!  I am a Babe In Total Control of Herself! No, I did not think of this myself.  It's a saying that gets kicked around now and then. Wish I could take credit but I cannot. But I have been called a Bitch more times than I can count so I truly appreciate this saying.

I have not always been a bitch.  It's an acquired title. It takes time and work to earn Bitch status. Most people are insulted when referred to so harshly.   I tend to take it as a compliment because I have attached a different definition to the word.  In fact, I refer to one of my good friends as 'bitches' because she, too, understands what it means to be a real Bitch.

Most Bitches are strong independent women.  But that doesn't mean we are bitchy.  It simply means we know what we want in life and we go after it.  Therefore we are a Bitch by society's standards. There are other women we call a Bitch but that is a compliment and they should really be referred to as snotty stuck-up or bitchy, but not a Bitch.

These women cannot be called Bitch because they are not truly strong independent women. They are insecure and feel the need to belittle others in order to boost their own self-esteem.  However, society frequently confuses a Bitch with these types of women.  Now that being said, it can still be a challenge to differentiate between all these subcategories of women.  After all, all women are insane, crazy, mental, unstable, catty, etc - right?  Come ask me and I will let you know.

How do we break this down so we can learn to decipher between a real Bitch and a wanna be Bitch?  A real Bitch has it figured out for the most part but is willing to admit their shortcomings.  A wannabe Bitch knows it all, does it all, and can do no wrong, but really doesn't have a clue about anything.  A real Bitch has learned from her mistakes, struggles and life lessons and builds upon those to be a better person.  So a Bitch tells it like it is.  A wannabe Bitch just wants to be like a real Bitch but is too lazy to put in the work. That is why she ends up bitchy because she just doesn't get what it takes to be a real Bitch.  She is a copycat.  But copy cats are never as good as the original.

Now don't go thinking that all women are Bitches.  But if you are a real Bitch, make sure you are living up to the name since we have a reputation to uphold.  Not everyone can be a real Bitch even though we all have been bitchy at one time or another.  Being a real Bitch takes patience and dedication. It's not for the weak at heart and requires thick skin because not everyone truly understands the work it takes to be a real Bitch! So next time someone tells you - "You are such a BITCH!" Smile and say "Thank You!"




No comments:

Post a Comment